Keynote Speaker - Sponsored by
MAJOR DAN ROONEY, USAF (Ret.)
Saturday, March 16th - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
“CAVU: Ceiling and Visibility Unrestricted – Your Ascent to Greatness”
“CAVU” is a fighter pilot term to describe the perfect flying conditions. Major Rooney’s captivating stories from his personal journey demonstrate a path to achieving CAVU in your life. He inspires and challenges us to become our best self. Clearly identifying strategies to help you climb to the highest levels in your life professionally and personally. From fairways to supersonic fighter jets his life lessons act as incredible force multipliers for his audience. His high speed - low drag delivery pushes the envelope of human emotion. You will leave the room a better person with a vector to achieve greatness.
Don't miss out - Major Rooney will be speaking on Saturday, March 16th. Check the schedule of events for updated information!
2019 Utility Infrastructure Economic Forecast
MARK BRIDGERS - CONTINUUM CAPITAL
Saturday, March 16th - 10:00am to 11:30am
After the mid-term elections wrecked the republican majority in the house, the bottom fell out of the stock market, global trade is still hamstrung by tariffs, and the Federal Reserve seems intent on slowing U.S. economic growth, what will 2019 hold for utility contractors? Volatility!
The only certainty is that the current 10 year economic expansion will end with a recession. Will it be short and shallow or deep and steep? Attend this session and learn the warning signs of political chaos, economic slowdown, Federal Reserve impact, stock market performance and how a utility contractor can prepare, still drive growth, and thrive. Mark Bridgers will discuss:
- the priorities of the new congress, the alignment with President Trump, and the likely legislative outcome for 2019 and 2020
- how Global Tariffs are feeding volatility, slowing economic growth, and will continue to do so until they are resolved
- the Federal Reserve balance sheet, anticipated actions in 2019, and the likely outcome of these actions
- how the 2018 stock market performance will impact 2019 in both direction and pace
- workforce attraction, training, retention, and how both NUCA and the NUCA members can implement these solutions
- how GDP, unemployment, inflation, and political factors will impact the construction industry and utility contractors
- the timing of our next recession, what it is likely to look and feel like, and how you can prepare
- what utility contractors should do in 2019 and 2020 to be thrive.