Workforce Dev Chapter Award
OPEN MARCH 30, 2022 THRU DECEMBER 31, 2022
Did your chapter actively engage in promoting industry career opportunities by producing, organizing, or affiliating with industry vendors in a workforce recruitment program or career development program in 2022?
The NUCA Workforce Development Committee Chapter Grant is given annually to one NUCA Chapter that has actively promoted workforce development, training, and education within the utility construction industry.
The $5,000 award can fund the chapter scholarship program and workforce development activities. As part of the criteria, the awards committee will be looking at which chapter actively engaged in promoting industry career opportunities. Specifically, with the mission to expand the pool of qualified labor in the utility construction industry.
- Award Opportunities: $5,000 grant. The grant is intended to fund the chapter scholarship programs to help members families. In addition, the chapter can utilize some of the grant to fund a future workforce development program, service or event to get young people interested in our industry.
- Award Criteria: All NUCA Chapters in good standing may apply. The project or event must have taken place during the 2022 calendar year and the official signature form signed by the current Chapter President must be included in the submission packet.
- The submission requires an essay/description of the project/event, how the event promoted workforce development through education or training to the construction industry, which vendors were engaged, and any additional relevant information the chapter wishes to include. A minimum of four high-resolution photographs are required as part of the application and video footage of the event is encouraged. The photographs and content submitted may be used in future NUCA publications.
- If some of the grant is to be used for a future program/event, please add a description and a total anticipated budget of the program and what portion of the grant will be used for the program/event.
- Final selection process: A panel from the Awards Committee or the Workforce Development Committee will be appointed to judge all entries objectively.
- Submission deadlines: The online submission site will open March 24, 2021 and the deadline to submit is 11:59 PM EST December 31, 2022. The winning chapter will be notified no later than January 31, 2023 via email or phone. Acknowledgement of the notification is required.
- Award recognition will take place during the gala event on the final night of the meeting.
- Print out submission information for your files.
Contact Chris Barrett with any questions email@example.com.
Chapter Executive Directors submit your grant application today! The submission portal is a third-party submission platform, therefore you will need to either create an account if you do not have an existing one or login using past credentials. Please follow the instructions carefully on the login page to successfully submit your application.